support immunity | alleviate dryness | sustain vitality
Winter is tough...we gotta do what we can to brave the cold and keep up our busy lives.
Start here. Make yourself priority. Your body with thank you.
- Dig deep - Eat more cooked root veggies (squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, etc)
Loaded with fiber and antioxidants, these are nutritional powerhouses.
- Go with the flow - Increase fiber (oat bran, barley, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils and grains)
Keeping the gut insulated from the coldness and dryness of winter, fiber soothes, warms and lubricates the intestinal wall.
- Enjoy more healthy fats (avocados, ghee, coconut oil and olive oil)
While providing insulation and nutrition, good quality fats help to build and rejuvenate the body.
- Stay structurally sound with more protein (nuts, seeds and spirulina)
Essential for fortifying the structure of our body, protein is a key building block for immunity, strength and skin health.
- Accessorize with fermented foods (sauerkraut and kimchi).
In moderation, these foods will warm the body and support a healthy gut to maintain immunity.
Sipping hot water throughout the day keeps the body warm and aids in digestion. You’ll find it helps in avoiding snacking on the usual holiday culprits as well.
Along with good food choices, it's important to eat your largest meal mid-day when digestive fire is highest. Dinner, formerly known as supper, is a light meal designed to be a supplement to the day’s intake. Eating heavy at night creates all kinds of digestive issues and can disrupt sleep.
Deeply nourish your body with a warm oil massage. This daily practice increases circulation, tones the muscles, calms the nervous system, promotes softer, smoother skin and balances the overall integrity of the body, which allows for better sleep.